[Ryodan] Office of Sen. Benigno S. Aquino III is looking for a full-time staff writer
phil_lenin at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 09:54:05 PHT 2008
For those looking for a job this is a highly coveted and great work opportunity... please read on...
The Office of Sen. Benigno S. Aquino III is looking for a full-time staff writer.
Basic criteria for prospective candidates:
- A college graduate
- Willing to work long hours, which may extend to some weekends
- An excellent writer both in English and Filipino, preferably with experience in publishing, whether in a high school or college newsletter, or in a broadsheet/magazine
- Internet savvy; knowledge of basic Adobe CS2 is a plus, not a must
Please submit two (2) 500-word essays, one in English, one in Filipino on the theme "I Am Ninoy." Send them together with your CV to maimislang at gmail. com before September 30, 2008.
We need a dedicated and hardworking team player who is looking forward to a wealth of experience in:
1. Speechwriting. As a staff writer, you'll be crafting the Senator's messages and public statements. These include privilege speeches, sponsorship speeches, keynote speeches on various issues, souvenir messages and press releases. In so doing, you will gain access into the lives of Senator Ninoy Aquino and President Cory Aquino, whose fight for our freedom we are committed to continue. You will get to personally know their son, Senator Noynoy Aquino, whose meaningful cause of defending our democracy enjoins young people to serve their country.
2. Research. You will learn to write memos and timelines on just about any issue that stirs the national conscience, i.e. NBN-ZTE deal, the Pen standoff, the sinking of the MV Princess of the Stars and why Sulpicio Lines continues to operate despite its dismal maritime record, the Spratlys issue, JPEPA, MOA-AD and the Bangsamoro Juridical Entity, Neri and Malacañang's abuse of Executive Privilege, etc. Reading the newspaper from cover-to-cover, therefore, is a MUST!
3. Networking. You will be coordinating with members of the media, particularly those assigned at the Senate beat, your counterparts with the other Senate offices and our partners at the Liberal Party. Talk about an expanded Rolodex in a span of a few months!
4. Website management. You will be tasked to update the site's content and to regularly coordinate with our developers and graphic designers. You will organize and sift through photos and video clips and keep them in an organized database. You will also respond to all the queries that we will be receiving from our constituents.
Don't worry, you won't do all of these alone. These are stuff we are already doing. I just need a clone. :)
Working at the Senate also affords us the opportunity to study and train abroad so if that is something you would like to pursue in the future, perhaps public service is for you.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail at maimislang at gmail. com.
Political Communications Officer
Office of Senator Benigno "Noynoy" S. Aquino III
Rm 526, Senate of the Philippines,
GSIS Financial Center,
Roxas Blvd., Pasay City
Tel. No.: 552-6601 loc 5541
"Public life is the crown of a career, and to young men it is the worthiest ambition. Politics is still the greatest and most honorable adventure." - Lord Tweedsmuir
Yahoo! Toolbar is now powered with Search Assist. Download it now!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ryodan